flourish counseling is well known for the work that we do with couples. our therapists are well versed in the challenges and issues effecting couples and are known for their superb couples therapy skills.
flourish provides the most effective type of couples therapy, known as “emotionally focused couples therapy”. the American Psychological Association deems Emotionally Focused Therapy as empirically proven to be effective. in fact, rigorous studies show that 70-75 % of couples who go through emotionally focused therapy recover from their relationship crises and are happy in their relationships.
emotionally focused therapy can help you and your partner:
- create a more stable relationship through unbiased mediation
- improve communication and increase the intimacy between you
- help you identify how your emotions and behaviors are interconnected to those of your partner
- break free of the unwanted patterns in your relationship
- resolve the deeper issues causing conflict between you
emotionally focused therapy is also effective with couples in the LGBTQ community
we also offer private Hot Monogamy(TM) classes to couples to help them create more passion and intimacy in their sexual relationship
“Marriage is not a static state between two unchanging people. Marriage is a psychological and spiritual journey that begins in the ecstasy of attraction, meanders through a rock stretch of self-discovery, and culminates in the creation of an intimate, joyful, lifelong union.”
- Harvel Hendrix, Getting the Love You Want
See the Flourish Blog for more info on common relationship issues: